Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Ladders and Safety Cages are designed, engineered and custom fabricated by Structural Fiberglass Inc. (SFI) in accordance with OSHA standards, Section 1910.23, entitled “Ladders”. Rung to side rail connections are bonded and pinned with a dowel rod to prevent any possibility of rung rotation and pullout.
SFI FRP Ladders and Safety Cages are fabricated from fiberglass pultrusions that have a Class 1 fire retardance, with an ASTM E-84 flame spread rating of 25 or less. Also NSF approved materials for potable water, fixed or caged ladder.
All Ladders are fabricated per your specifications and/or requirements. Ladders are Custom Built with Walkthru or Wide Walkthrus, Rail Extension, Retractable Walkthru, Safety Swing gates, Lockable security Panels, Caged and Fixed Ladders options, can be designed for safe landing access.
Certified NSF materials non-fire retardant polyester and vinylester resin systems used in manufacture of pultruded profiles to be in accordance with NSF/ANSI 61 standard making them safe for use in potable drinking water application. This certification makes SFI’s ladders and structural components the perfect solution in water treatment applications and tank manufactures needs.
SFI FRP Ladders and Safety Cages are fabricated from the following “Safety Yellow” color FRP pultrusions with a fire retardant polyester resin, 50% glass content and surface veil for protection against ultraviolet attack.
• Ladder Side Rails = 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ x 1/4″ Square Tube or 2″ x 2″ x 1/4″ Square Tube.
• Ladder Rungs = 1 1/4″ Diameter fluted Rung for maximum safety. Also available 1 1/4″ x 1/4″ Square Tube Rungs, Factory applied Epoxy Based non-skid grit surface.
• Ladder Dowel Pin = 1/4″ Dia. Solid Round Rod.
• Safety Cage Horizontal Hoops = 4″ x 1/8″ Flat bar.
• Safety Cage Vertical Straps – 2-1/2″ x 3/16″ Flat bar.
• Safety Cage Clips = 5″ x 2-3/4″ 1/2″ x 0′-4″ Long Angle.
• Safety Cage Hardware – 3/8″ Diameter 316 Stainless Steel bolts, nuts, and washers.
• Ladder Standoff Clips = 7 7/8″ x 2-3/16″ x 3/8″ x 0′-4″ Angle.
• Ladder Base Clips = 3″ x 3″ x 3/8″ x 0′-1-3/4″ Long angle.
• Ladder Hardware = 316 Stainless Steel, 3/8″ diameter bolts, nuts and washers.